In Sickness and in Death - researching the ill-health and death of your ancestors (240)
One thing that all but our most recent ancestors have in common is that they are dead. The health problems and deaths of our ancestors are an integral part of our family’s history. This five week course will help you to set your ancestors’ lives in context by looking at the illnesses, disabilities and diseases that brought about their deaths or had an effect on their well-being. We shall discover a variety of records that might provide information about ill-health or causes of death for specific ancestors, or about prevalent threats to health in the past. The causes, symptoms and treatment of various illnesses will be investigated and significant medical developments of the last 400 years will be explored.
The course has five lessons.
- Lesson One - Records for finding causes of death and instances of ill-health
- Lesson Two - Epidemics and Infectious Diseases
- Lesson Three - Treatments and Cures
- Lesson Four - Effects of Industrialisation and Working Conditions on Health
- Lesson Five - Deaths by Other Means
See How the Courses Work.
Relevant Countries: EnglandCourse Length: 5 weeks
Start Date: 03 Aug 2017
Enquire about this course